Manager at the Antigua Port Authority Darwin Telemaque said that a number of changes will be made to facilitate a smother flow at the country’s main Port of entry.
Telemaque who spoke to ZDK news on Tuesday said that a few changes will be in effect to not only enhance the long waiting period during this season but the overall experience at the Port.
Among the changes will be the introduction of several tents which according to Telemaque will eliminate customers having to stand in the sun when conducting their transactions.
Meantime residents have continue to benefit from the annual duty concession on barrels at the port.
The subsidy which usually begins this time of year, will run for just over a month, and will see participants paying only $1 dollar per barrel.
According to the Port Manager, although the Authority has not seen a large amount of persons participating in the initiative thus far, it is still an increase compared to last year.
Telemaque also gave details as to how person would be able to qualify for the initiative.
He further urged residents to call their respective agents before going to the Port to collect their barrels.
In an effort to facilitate the clearing of barrels the Port will be open on the following Saturdays, December 17th and the 24th.