The untimely death of Shawn Warner has caused much speculation and coroners on island have been unable to come to a conclusive decision on what was the cause of death.
The 27-year-old’s mother Sandra Warner and the rest of his family have been calling for the information to be released since he died on November 6th 2018 from suspected electrocution.
Although it is reported that a preliminary autopsy revealed that Shawn died of an enlarged heart and high blood pressure, the official inquest ruled it as being inconclusive.
His body was returned to the family this week, one day after his sister made an emotional plea on social media.
But while his mother is happy that she can now bury her son a lot has been left unanswered. She told ZDK last week that she still wants confirmation on what killed her son.
Well fortunately for the family, the Cabinet has decided that it will meet the cost of inviting an expert pathologist from another Caribbean country to undertake a second autopsy.
Government Chief of Staff Lionel Hurst says the decision was taken after a Cabinet meeting last Wednesday. The Ministry of health has been tasked with finding a suitable doctor to conduct the procedure. Hurst says the expert is likely to come from Trinidad and Tobago.